Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cheap or Creative?

Call me cheap, frugal, bargain shopper, or whatever.... I can't help myself. I do it all the time. I am always trying to find the cheapest way to get something I want or need. On the Fun Facts page you will find my top 3 places to shop... you will notice that they are all centered around me saving money.

Here are a few examples:
1) I will never buy a throw pillow again when I can make one for nothing more than $5. Thanks to Hobby Lobby, Hancock Fabric and Walmart for giving my lots of inexpensive fabric choices to pick from.

2) I will never buy a $30 dollar wreath from a department store because I can go to the Family Dollar, make my own, and only spend about $4 or $5.


3) Many photographers use defusers. This defuses and bounces light off of walls, ceilings or just off the defuser itself. These range from $12-$40. Well, Tyler is an engineer and his mind just thinks in ways mine cannot and he found a way to make our own defuser for only 35 cents. We use flexable foam board and use a jumbo rubber band to hold it onto the actual flash.


4) And my most recent cost savings is my pride and joy... I made my own shootsac. Its not perfected yet but it serves the same purpose at the name brand. Shootsac is a bag that carries your lenses during a shoot. It is made with a padded fabric to protect your lenses. Click here to see the original Jessica Claire, Shootsac. I had to change some of the original fabrics but it works just the same. I AM PROUD TO SAY I USED MY HOMEMADE SHOOTSAC IN A SHOOT YESTERDAY AND IT WAS PERFECT! Light weight, flexible, and adorable. And it cost 8 to 9 times less than the name brand! I spent a total of $35 for enough materials to make 2 shootsacs. One for me and one for Tyler.


So I guess that just leaves me one question for you....
Do you think Im CREATIVE or CHEAP?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers